Jan 31 , 2018
This is an easy treat that anyone can make at home, especially suited for the busy dog parents in today’s world.
Peanut Butter Truffle
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes roughly 10 small truffles or 5 large truffles
1/3 cup Rolled Oats
3 - 4 Tablespoon Barking Nuts Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Water
¼ Teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
Desiccated Coconut for Rolling (As Needed)
- In a bowl, combine oats, peanut butter and cinnamon powder and mix evenly using a spatula.
- Add water slowly whilst mixing to bring the dough together.
- Once it is all mixed, scoop the dough out by hand/spoon.
- You will find that the mixture will fall apart easily when trying to roll it into a ball. Don’t worry. Just keep pressing with your fingers till it clumps together. When it’s ready, roll it between your palms to get it into a nice round ball shape
- You can roll your peanut butter truffle into any size according to the size of your furkid.
- After you have formed all the truffle balls, you can leave it as it is, or coat it with the following optional ingredients:
- Carob powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Vegetable powder (beetroot powder, goji berry powder and so on)
- Store these babies in an air tight container in the fridge. They should be able to keep for up to 2 weeks before they become dry. But trust me; it’ll be finished in no time.
- Do make sure you use a sugar free and salt free peanut butter when making these for your furkid
- Barking Nuts Smooth Peanut Butter is a peanut butter that is safe for pets as it has ZERO Salt, sugar and preservatives.
You can use fresh shredded coconut instead of desiccated coconut. But they spoil faster.